Coast to Coast
We are no longer taking booking for this event. Please browse our current events, or keep up to date with our latest events by email by scrolling down and signing up for our news in the footer below (you'll have the option to select 'events' as your area of interest).
Be inspired by some of the most dramatic scenery England has to offer on this classic bike ride from west to east. Departing from the coast of West Cumbria at Whitehaven, this challenging itinerary stretches for 200km until reaching the North Sea at Whitley Bay.
The picturesque route crosses the northern edge of the Lake District, then climbs into the dramatic landscapes of the northern Pennines. Following the ancient fringes of Hadrian's Wall, participants will then head down the coastline of Whitely Bay.
You'll need all your pedal power to tackle big ascents and descents in the Eden Valley and Northumberland National Park. The aches and pains will be long forgotten, however, the memory of this remarkable journey past former mining towns and Roman forts will endure for years to come.
What to expect
The Coast to Coast Challenge is graded as challenging. This is the perfect event for those of an adventurous spirit and open mind, but perhaps haven't taken on a multi-day cycling challenge before and are hoping to push themselves out of their comfort zone.
Participants will be cycling for around 8 hours each day, covering 200km of undulating terrain, crossing the entire width of the UK and cycling through the most stunning scenery the British Isles has to offer.
Before you go:
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery, Snow and Rock and Runners Need
- 16 and 20 week training schedule
- Public liability insurance
- Risk assessment and emergency management planning
- Fitness training notes
- Sponsorship forms
- A-Z of fundraising ideas and advice
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
On your challenge:
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
- Baggage transfers each day
- Packed lunch and drinks
- One night's accommodation in a hostel
- Celebratory drink and medal at the finish
- Three meals a day and drinking water on challenge days
This Coast to Coast event for Railway Children is being organised in partnership with Charity Challenge.
For more information, registration forms and further cost details, click the green register button. Or if you'd like to speak to our events team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call our office on 01270 757 596.