Lake District Triple Challenge
Explore the spectacular adventure playground of the Lake District National Park!
Trek to the summit of one of the Lake District's most iconic peaks, the Old Man of Coniston, before testing yourself on the off-road mountain bike trails of Grizedale forest, then kayak across the iconic Coniston Water.
What to expect
Graded as challenging, this is the perfect Railway Children event for participants who are of an adventurous spirit and an open mind, but perhaps haven’t taken on a multi-activity challenge before. You do not need to be an expert mountain biker or kayaker, just somebody with a sense of adventure.
- Climbing to the summit of the Old Man of Coniston - 10km, 803m, approx. 3-4 hours.
- Mountain bike 12km through Grizedale Forest, included the lung-pumping ascent of the hill into the forest,
approx 2 hours.
- Kayak for 1.5km around Coniston Water, approx 1.5 hours.
Before you go:
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery Snow and Rock and Runners Need
- Risk assessment and emergency management planning
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
On your challenge:
- All equipment hire including mountain bikes, helmets, open top kayaks and life jackets. You are welcome to bring your own mountain bike and equipment if you wish.
- Qualified mountain leaders, cycling leaders and mechanics and kayak instructors
- Group first aid supplies
- Accommodation during the challenge
- Breakfast before the challenge
- Packed lunch and drinks, plus snacks available throughout the day
- All challenge management before, during and post event
The Lake District Triple Challenge is being organised in partnership with Charity Challenge.
For more information, registration forms and further cost details, click the green register button.
Or if you'd like to speak to our events team please email email@example.com or you can call our office on 01270 757 596.