Same challenge, different method
Our Three Peaks By Rail challenge is one of the most popular in the Railway Children fundraising calendar. It brings in vital funds for our work with children but this year we've had to postpone due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The event will still take place and is now booked for 6th-8th May 2021.
We hope you will join us then to tackle Britain's three highest peaks and change lives at the same time. Whether you are able to or not, we have come up with a way everyone can join us for an online fundraising event.
So whether you want to get in some good training for the event itself or just keep fit in confinement, we’re setting you a virtual challenge. All you need to do is complete the same amount of walking as the Three Peaks event, from the comfort of your own home or on your daily walk.
Please note: there is no time limit for this event.
Sign up to complete the challenge by either:
- Walking or running the total distance that you would do if you were walking up the three mountains – Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis – 23.2 miles or 37.3 km.
- Completing the same number of vertical steps required to climb the three mountains (approximately 21,400) by walking up and down stairs if you have them or making use of a sturdy box. (A step up and down counts as two)
A medal will be awarded to everyone who completes one of the challenges and 20% of your entry fee will be donated to Railway Children as well as any sponsorship money you raise.
- Register via the link on this page.
- You should track your own progress. This could be in any form you wish. For example, a simple paper log, smartphone fitness app, sports watch, etc.
- Upon completion, visit www.virtual-athlete.com/my-va and sign in. Select 'Submit Evidence', fill in the form and attach any files or photos so we can verify you have completed the challenge.
- As soon as your evidence has been verified, we will send you your challenge medal in the post.