Trek to Machu Picchu
Various dates available.
Experience the Inca world and hike through the breathtaking Peruvian Andes.
Our first taste of the Inca world will be in and around Cusco, the ancient Inca capital. After acclimatising to the high altitude, we will head towards the remote and rarely visited Lares Valley. This great alternative to the busy Inca Trail is well off the beaten track and offers trekkers a unique view of the diverse surroundings and traditional Peruvian cultures.
The region is also home to the Baños Del Inca, probably the best hot springs in southern Peru. Wander through the clouds to discover the lost city of Machu Picchu. Situated above the Sacred Valley at 2,430m, this ancient Inca city was abandoned during the Spanish Conquest. The ruins have since been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and new wonder of the world.
We have three funding options available:
1) Minimum sponsorship: pay £395 yourself and raise at least £3,975 for Railway Children
2) Flexi: pay £790 yourself and raise £3,175 for us
3) Self funder: pay £2,343 yourself and raise as much as you can
Why trek with Railway Children?
Over the last 20 years we have helped make things better for over 270,000 street children. Better tonight, tomorrow, next week and next year. But we’re only just getting started.
We need you to join our fight for children who have nowhere to go and no-one to turn to. With your help we can give more children a future and keep them safe - for good.
What you'll get
- Support. We’re a small charity so every supporter means a lot to us – we’re here to help both before and after the event.
- Fundraising. We have loads of resources to help you reach your sponsorship target.
- Expertise. There’ll be a dedicated challenge leader looking after your safety and the itinerary.
- For full details, visit our challenge partner's website.
A trip of a lifetime
A group of charity challengers trekked to Machu Picchu with our event partner Charity Challenge. Watch the group trek through beautiful landscapes and scenery and hear about their fundraising for their chosen charities, training for the challenge and how they feel at altitude!