Many of our events this year have had to be postponed but our fundraising is more crucial than ever and there’s no need for your training to be put on hold. So we have turned some of our most popular treks and bike challenges from over the last few years into virtual challenges so our army of dedicated supporters and event participants can keep on keeping fit and helping us change children’s lives from home.
Virtual Peak Challenge
Climb the equivalent height of your favourite mountain on your stairs or steps at home.
- Scafell Pike, 978m, England, 6,180 steps
- Snowdon, 1085m, Wales, 7,120 steps
- Ben Nevis, 1345m, Scotland, 8,810 steps
- Mount Kenya 4985m, Kenya, 32,652 steps
- Kilimanjaro 5895m, Tanzania, 38,680 steps
- Everest, 8848m, Nepal, 58,070 steps (not a challenge we’ve ever done, but just in case you want to take on the world’s highest mountain!).
Virtual Cycling Challenge
Hop on your bike and pedal the distance of one of our cycling events.
- Ride Africa – 350km
- Ride India – 450km
- London to Paris Bike Ride – 435km
Virtual Trekking or Running Challenge
Walk or run the distance of our UK and overseas treks.
- Three Peaks Challenge by Rail – 37km
- Yorkshire Three Peaks – 39.2km
- Himalayan Trek – 79km
- Everest Base Camp – 130km
How do I take part in a Virtual Challenge?
It is super easy to get involved. All you need to do is follow the steps below and you are in!
- Decide what Virtual Challenge you and/or your household/team would like to take part in and take note of how many steps or what distance is required to complete the challenge.
- Register your challenge by clicking on the green button.
- Set up a Just Giving page and share with all your friends and family.
- Choose an option to track your progress. This could be in any form you wish. For example, a simple paper log, smartphone fitness app, sports watch, etc. If you use Strava you can link it to your Just Giving page so your supporters can see your progress.
- Once you have completed the challenge, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your evidence and we will send you a certificate of completion.